I cannot believe...well yes I can...but it has been so long since I have blogged. Where does the time go?
Last weekend we Advanced! Well, at least the ladies did. It was cold, wet and rainy on Friday night but God blessed and the ladies had a great time. From the praise and worship at the beginning to the team building to the snacks and then to the speaker for the night, it was a blessing. It was amazing to watch the ladies bond during the Big Apple building contest. We had some pretty creative ladies who can make masterpieces with marshmallows and straws! :) My friend, K, gave her testimony and God moved both literally and figuratively. I have never sat through a cold front, but in less 5 minutes, the temperature dropped 10+ degrees as she was speaking, she didn't miss a beat and kept on...it was a God thing!
Saturday started out really chilly. Of course since we were doing a Fall theme, we had to be outside for the entire weekend! :) As the day progressed and the ladies went to the different classes, it got warmer and the sun came out. I hope and pray that each lady got something out of the weekend. Our goal was to draw them closer to God and closer to each other. I can tell you that as I did the closing talk, the Holy Spirit was using my mouth to say the words God intended for me to say. It was a precious time and when I finished I was in awe of what God could do through me.
Sunday's service ended a great weekend with the Lord's Supper. I had the privilege to sit with 4 little girls...only one of them being my own. They did so well and knew what each element of the Lord's Supper represented. These little girls will grow up to be the next Women's Ministry leaders and it is important that we train them right from the beginning!
Earlier this week I was in a funk. It seems so weird to me how I can type what an awesome weekend it was and then type that it led to a funk. The only way I can describe it is like the feeling you get after Christmas. You anticipate it, plan it, work hard for it, pray over it and then within a short amount of time it is over. It was a peaceful funk...if that is possible, but a kind of low-key, leave me alone type feeling. Thankfully it has passed and I feel more like myself again.
Physically for us this week it has been an okay week. B has been well, one day this week he was out of sorts but then we realized his infusion is next week and this usually happens about 7 days before his treatment. Is that an excuse? I don't know, but that is the way that it is. A had a renal ultrasound yesterday. We meet with the doctor on Tuesday to see what the results were. They were checking for kidney stones since she had one at the age of 4 and Big B and I have both had one within the last 6 months. The 24 hour urine they did on A showed low output and high calcium, so we need to make sure she isn't forming any stones. She did great, by the way!
The big news for the week comes by way of Big B...he hates that name by the way...anyway, we visited the neurosurgeon today (after a 5 week wait for a 2nd opinion with her) and she told us what she would do and what would happen if we waited, the pros/cons, etc...So, they have scheduled his surgery for Thursday December 4. He will be inpatient for 3-5 days and then home for 4-6 weeks. Recovery will take 6 months with restrictions for 3 months. Restrictions being no lifting anything over 5 pounds, no bending over, etc. She seemed very optimistic that this would fix the problem he has been having. I hope and pray that it does because he can't continue to live like this. Please pray for pain relief while we wait for December to come.
Throughout all of this, I have a peace that God is in control. Even though things feel like they are falling apart at times, I know that this life is not my final destination! Tomorrow is my 44th birthday...did I actually just type 44? Wow! If anyone had tried to tell me that I would be in this place, doing the job I am doing, being the Mom I am, the Wife I am, being involved in my church as I am...I never would have believed it. So for those of you reading this that haven't hit 40 or maybe even 30...make the most of every moment. Know that what you are experiencing today will shape the person that you are in the future. Learn the lessons that God is trying to teach you so you can use them to minister to others.
My positives for the past few days...
1. Answers to prayer come in many different ways...not exactly how you expect them but answers none the less.
2. If we are faithful, God will bless and do things above and beyond what we expect or anticipate.
3. Down time is not a bad thing...it gives the mind and body time to catch up with each other.
4. I have the BEST parents in the whole world! They know I needed them and don't hesitate to be by our side. I love you both more than I can ever tell you!!!!
5. The ladies at our church are the BEST ever! Thank you for walking this journey with me!
God, you are good...I don't deserve your love, grace and mercy...thank you!
Blessings!
M
Friday, October 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment