Monday, September 22, 2008

Monday

What a difference a day makes! When I look back at yesterday, I realize that B hadn't changed...his actions and problems were the same as just about every other day...what did change was my reaction to his actions or lack there of. I talked with my therapist this morning...aka my mountain top friend (she seriously lives on the side of a mountain)...and she said living with a special needs child is like having layers and layers of stuff piled on top of you and eventually even the strongest of us break. Well, it may not have been exactly like that, but that is what I got out of it and she is right...I so love that girl! I realized yesterday that B may never be able to live independently...that hurts! I realized yesterday that this might be the "norm" for us for a long, long time...! I realized yesterday that having supportive family...physical and church family...that stand with you make the load bearable! I realized yesterday that I cannot do this on my own and I don't have to do it on my own...thank you, Lord!!!!

Our LifeGroup is studying Proverbs and appropriately this week the topic was on our words, how harmful or how encouraging they can be. Talk about meddlin' in my life and steppin' on my toes! :) My prayer is that I will gain control of my tongue...what I say and how I say it. I failed BIG TIME on Sunday morning...I mean BIG TIME! All is now forgiven and hopefully forgotten...tomorrow is a new day, His mercy is new every morning! Even when we mess up, we can ask for forgiveness and start over again!

My positives for today...

1. Encouragement is a must in everyone's life and it only takes a moment!
2. A good cup of coffee from Starbucks and being alone with your hubby can make everything look brighter!
3. Today is the first day of Fall...my favorite season of the year!

Psalm 19:14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.

Blessings to you!
M

No comments: