Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday, November 11

Happy Veteran's Day! Thank you to those who have served our country in the Armed Forces!

Today is also 11/11...I guess every Veteran's Day is or is it? hmmmmmm...That sounded like something B would ask! :)

So, I was reminded by my loving mother that I haven't blogged in awhile. For her to notice, you know it had to have been awhile.

Life has been interesting the past few weeks. It has only been 2 weeks and 2 days since I blogged last, but it seems like it has been an eternity. I was talking with my boss about this today...when you have trying times in life a day seems like a week and a week like a month. I remember when A was in the NICU, the 84 days she spent there felt like a lifetime. The past 2 weeks have felt like a lifetime...but as with all things, this time too shall pass.

To update on the family...
Big B is surviving...looking forward to his date with the surgeon on December 4. The positive in this is that as time goes on he really is in more pain (no, that is not the positive) and he is ready to have it done and over! God's timing is perfect!!

B is plugging right along. Bad days, good days and a few non-event days, for which we are thankful!

A is doing well. Received a call from the kidney doc today but it was too late to call them, so I will follow up in the AM about her kidneys. The positive in this is that she doesn't feel bad now and hopefully we can prevent it in the future.

Our college boy will be home next week to begin his med school interviews! He has two in SC which is SUCH A POSITIVE!!! Pray for him as God brings him to your mind, please?!?

So, hopefully this means I am back. The past 2 weeks it has been hard to find positives and John 16:33 has been my mantra...thanks aa!

To my mountain top friend...we are in this together, no matter what "this" is! God is in control!!!

To my little momma friend (Little Dino C's mom)...praying for you so hard!! God is in control!!!

To my writer friend...God keeps laying you on my heart and when He does, I pray! God is in control!!!

To my PoP friends...I miss you and I smile when I think of you! Nothing in our lives is too big for God to handle!!! He brought us together and together we will stay!

No matter how things change, one thing stays the same...God loves us and He is in control!!

Blessings and prayers!
M

P.S. Thanks, Mom, for the reminder!!! Love you!!!! :)

1 comment:

Karri said...

"...together we will stay".
Yes we will! I love you my friend! It was so wonderful to talk with you last Friday. I'm smiling now as I think of that time.

Hugs and Love.
from one PoP to another Pop