So, yesterday was Inauguration Day for President Obama. I didn't vote for Obama, I don't think he is the right person to lead our country during this time, but it wasn't up to me it was up to the people of the United States of America. It is also my conviction that God chose Obama to be the leader of our country...for better or for worse, that remains to be seen. I will pray for my President. I will pray for his family. It is my duty as an American and as a Christian.
I heard some people say that they weren't going to watch the Inauguration. That is their choice. I chose to watch it. I stood in the breakroom with my favorite co-worker and we both listened intently to his speech. I think it was a very good speech, he is a gifted orator. I hope and pray that he will some of the things that he said he would do. I hope and pray that some of the other things he said he would do during his run for office, will never come to be...the biggest dealing with abortion.
The kids were "forced" to watch the ceremony at school. My 5th grader was not happy about it. I told her to watch it proudly, thinking about how she will be able to tell her children and grandchildren that she was watching the day that America had their first black president...I know I am supposed to say African-American, maybe I should, but I didn't. I realized something last year during a class at church. 150 years ago, African-Americans were a race of uneducated slaves in our country. I know that isn't news to us, but stick with me here. So in 150 years, they have become educated, received the right to vote, gained the freedom to sit anywhere they want to on a bus, gained the freedom to drink out of any water fountain they want to, to go to any school they want to...they have advanced so far as to hold the highest office in our country. Folks, that truly is amazing. Whether you agree with his politics or not, whether you voted for him or not...we are a country that welcomes all who come here legally. They are given the opportunity to do whatever it is they want to do as far as education goes or business goes. Their success or failure depends on them.
We will see what the next 4 years hold. As with all presidencies we will see successes and failures. I hold firm to the fact that God is in control and His will be done! May God bless us all and may God bless the United States of America!
OK...you may not agree with my blog and that is okay! Another thing that makes this a great country! So, write a comment or better yet, write your own blog! :)
My 3 positives:
1. God is still on the throne!
2. We still belong to the greatest country on earth!
3. We have a president that believes in God...pray for him!!!!!
Blessings!
M
P.S. One of my very best friends in Dallas was black. Sharlin was opposite of me in every way...she was little, I am "bigger"! She was black, I am white! We would go shopping together and she would ask where the "big momma" section was for me and I would ask where the "little girl" section was for her. We received many strange looks. Sharlin lost her battle to sickle-cell anemia in 1997. I dedicate this blog to her...she did more than any school could to educate me on African-American history. Sharlin, I will see you one day and can't wait to see if your heavenly body is shaped like my earthly body! Love you, my true sista'!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey, Michele. I've never read your blog before, but only because I never knew you had one. I enjoyed reading this one. I've felt from the minute I knew he was elected that God had a purpose for him being our president. I'm of the conviction that God can use him in a great way. I also know that God can change his heart on the issues that are so important to me, mainly abortion. I have been praying for him from the time he was elected, and will continue to do so. Thanks for blogging what is on MY heart ;)
Love you,
Becky Piotrowski
While we may not agree on everything we both have the same thought on one thing...
Barak Obama was chosen for this role, long before we knew who he was.
He has a daunting task before him, and for that I don't envy him. He's going to need a lot of prayers.
I'll do my part, and you do yours. God will hear.. well you for sure.. remember he likes you better. hehehe
Love ya!
Post a Comment